DIY Moss Planters…take 2!
I have been eyeing these BEAUTIFUL moss planters for months, and after seeing DeDe’s @dressupbuttercup I knew I had to give these a try! The first time I did them I used smaller bowls (found in the Wal-Mart garden center)…but knew it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. And THEN I found the perfect concrete ones and decided to try it again. All products can be purchased online and shipped to your door, which really makes this the PERFECT quarantine craft.
SUPPLIES FOR MOSS PLANTER
All product links can be found here on my LikeToKnowIt page.
- Concrete Planters
- Artificial Moss
- Floral foam (enough to fill the inside of your bowl)
- Rocks (to cover your floral foam- optional)
- Re-purpose old packaging or wrapping paper
- Hot glue
Smaller Porcelain Bowls
Larger Concrete Bowls
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MOSS PLANTERS
- Cut your floral foam to fit inside your bowl. My foam was square, and my bowl was round, so I stuffed paper towels in the empty space to keep it secure.
- Layer your rocks on top of the foam to cover. This step is 100% optional, because if you use enough moss, you won’t see the foam anyway. Also, I made the rookie mistake of NOT gluing my rocks into place. I would suggest doing that as well so they don’t move when the moss is placed on top.
- Arrange your moss on top. When you take it out of the package, flatten it and look for the “dirt side”- and that is where you are going to place your glue. You will want to use several sections of the moss to give it an even look across the entire bowl.
That’s it! It really is THAT simple! These moss planters are the perfect quarantine craft!
Looking for more quarantine DIY’s? Check out our DIY cornhole!
PS- here’s a link for this rug–currently 60% off when you use HOLLY60 at checkouts.